SevenStar with its attitude towards the professional market, could not but include in its range an AIS transponder class "A".
This is the idea behind the S.288 model, sober in style, but powerful inside and, in keeping with tradition, SevenStar is an apparatus designed to make it as reliable as possible and to last over time.
The transmitter supports both AIS Class A maritime mode (high seas / SOLAS) and Inland AIS terrestrial mode. Through the menu you can choose one of the two modes and this operation must be performed at the time of installation.
It is certified according to IEC standards for offshore navigation, and is Wheelmark, USCG and FCC approved.
- Dimensions: 195 x 105 x 157 mm
- Weight: 1500 gr.
- Display: 240 x 128 pixels b/w
- Transmitters: 1
- Power Tx: 12.5W
- Sensitivity Rx:
- Distance from the compass: 300 mm
- Power supply: 12/24 Vdc - <12W
- Absorption at 12 Vdc: 0.9 A typical - 4.0 A Max
- Absorption at 24 Vdc: 0.9 A typical - 2.0 A Max
AIS Class A mandatory
The AIS class ?A? transponder is mandatory on ships with gross tonnage greater than 300t.
In addition, Legislative Decree no. 18 of 16/02/2011 establishes the obligation on fishing vessels with an overall length greater than or equal to 15 meters, with the following implementation schedule:
- From 24 to 45 meters: from 31/05/2012
- From 18 to 24 meters: from 31/05/2013
- From 15 to 18 meters: from 31/05/2014
- Newly built vessels: before launching
(Length "from" means "above or equal to", length "a" means "below")
Attention: this is only a schematic guide and it is necessary to refer to DLG n.18 of 16/02/2011.
SevenStar S288 AIS Class A Transponder3.514,00€
- Mounting panel
- Stakeout mask
- Junction Box
- Date cable
- GPS antenna
- Power cable