The VAH65 is an onboard battery data indicator with the ability to monitor the voltage of 3 groups of batteries. The instrument displays battery voltage and charging and discharging current. By applying Peukert's equation he can calculate the energy that has been consumed and the remaining energy. It is possible to set high and low voltage alarms and remaining amperes per hour. When the alarm is triggered, the instrument will sound at 85 dB and the display will flash.
The alarm values and all settings are stored in a non-volatile memory. 5 levels of backlight can be selected. The instrument comes with a 450 Ampere shunt for current measurement. The basic settings are made by the parent company but the user can modify them according to their needs.
Using the front panel it is also possible to modify the values for the alarms of battery voltage, current, charge efficiency, Peukert exponent, battery capacity in Ah, high and low voltage alarms and minimum value of Amperes per hour remaining. At the touch of a button it is possible to display the battery voltage (from 9.5 to 33.0 Vdc), charging and discharging current (from -450 to +450 Ampere), the remaining Amperes (from 0 to 3000 Ah) and the percentage of charge remaining in the battery (from 0 to 100%). The VAH65 has an NMEA 0183 output at 4800 bps for voltage, current and Ampere now.
- Power supply voltage: 9.5 - 33 Vdc
- Power consumption: 0.018 Amps nominal
- Display: 3 digits, 5 levels of backlighting with external backlighting on
- Data displayed: Volt for 3 battery packs, Ampere, Ampere hour, Percentage of charge remaining
- Reading range: 9.5 to 33.0 Vdc, -450 to +450 Ampere, 0 to 3000 Ampere hour, 0-100% remaining charge.
- Battery size: from 100 to 3000 Ampere per hour programmable
- Output: NMEA 0183 serial at 4800 bps ($IIXDR,V $IIXDR,A $IIXDR,G)
- Built-in hole: 55 mm
CruzPro VAH65 Current Analyzer x 3 Groups445,00€Weight: 0.4 kg; Dimensions: 14 x 11.3 x 15.5 cm
- 450 Ampere SH-450 Shunt
- Bracket for recessed installation
It is the most complete series in the CruzPro range. It is appreciated for its small size, which allows it to be installed on even the smallest boats.
They all have 5 levels of backlighting. The outer diameter is 6.3 mm, while the recessed hole is 55 mm.