MOBT technology uses a motion sensor and two gold-plated contacts to detect the presence of water, then a sophisticated algorithm interprets the two sensors to detect unambiguously that it is a case of man overboard.
The MOBT function is delayed by 5 seconds to prevent false triggers and the supplied sheath is fitted with a lens, so that the jacket and adjacent water are well lit even when the torch is inserted inside the sheath.
But the use of the Exposure MOB does not stop at the mere case of "man overboard", in fact, with a light output of 1300 lumens, is suitable for many uses in night activities, from facilitating the tasks of the sailor, to locate buoys or promptly locate any floating debris.
The light provides for 3 different lighting levels, which can be selected from a single button equipped with a specific LED to facilitate the identification of the torch. In addition, the LED changes the colour of the lighting to indicate the state of charge of the battery.
Like all Exposure Lights torches, the MOB also has a very advanced thermal control system, capable of self-adjusting the light intensity with precision, if the LED bulbs reach a too high temperature.
Although not intended for underwater use, the torch has IPx8 water protection and is waterproof to a depth of 5 meters. It is made of robust anodized aluminum with an optimized profile to better dissipate heat.
The Exposure MOB has been particularly appreciated by the best international sailors and the Dame Award winning in 2014 the coveted first place in the category of safety of life of man at sea.
The Exposure MOB is designed and built entirely in the UK with a lifetime warranty on LEDs and a 2 year warranty on all other parts.
Exposure MOB Portable Lighthouse 1200 Lumen238,00€GTIN13: 5060369150278; Weight: 0.5 kg; Dimensions: 20 x 29 x 10.5 cm
- MOBT man over board function through a motion sensor and a switch that is activated with the water contact.
- 1300 lumens at an angle of 20°.
- Three levels of light intensity + strobe.
- Anodized aluminum shell to be robust and durable in the marine environment.
- Orange colour with high visibility in line with other rescue devices.
- Body with a profile suitable for better heat dissipation and solutions to better drain excess water.
- Active thermal control that precisely adjusts the light level in case of overheating.
- Battery charge status LEDs that also help in tracing the beacon in the dark.
- Diameter 40 mm, length 135 mm, weighs only 116 gr. and is completely floating.
- IPx8 protection and waterproof up to 5 mt.
- Autonomy 40 hours with strobe light.
- Rechargeable from any USB socket, with a magnetic contact cable (no plug or plug).
- Dyneema® high reflectivity and floating stitch.
- Two sheaths supplied with transparent lens for the passage of light.
- Careful and sporty packaging, which is also suitable for stowage of other objects.
- Designed and built entirely in the UK.
- Lifetime warranty for LEDs, two years for the rest.
- 2 sheaths with transparent strap for the passage of light, one of which with slot for the passage of the USB cable or of a lifejacket line. The two sheaths are provided with a double-sided adhesive for application on flat surfaces.
- USB cable for charging with magnetic terminals.
- Highly reflective Dyneema® stitch.
- Practical packaging for storing other objects inside.