The loudspeaker is an electromechanical component that converts an electrical signal into acoustic waves.
The most important prerogatives of a speaker:
- The power is expressed in Watts and can be RMS, musical or peak
- The frequency response is expressed in Hz (Hertz), the wider it is, the greater the possibility of listening to more details of the sound spectrum.
- Sensitivity is measured in dB (Decibels), the higher the sensitivity, the louder the speaker will sound with the same amplification.
- The impedance is expressed in ohms, the lower it is and the more it requires current from the amplifier. Normally in a system all speakers must have the same impedance.
Depending on the frequency range used, the speakers are mainly divided into:
A case complete with several speakers is distinguished by the number of streets
- 2-way, normally incorporate a tweeter and a woofer
- 3-way, normally incorporating a tweeter, a midrange and a woofer